A bomb-laden vehicle has exploded in a car park at the Governor’s office in Adana in southern-eastern Turkey.
Two people were killed and 21 were injured on Thursday. Governor Mahmut Demirtas said the explosion occurred near the entrance to his office.
“It is thought that a female suspect carried out the attack,” Demirtaş said, adding that the license plate of the suspect’s car had been identified.
Several ambulances and police teams rushed to the area after the blast.
In addition to the casualties, a number of vehicles and the Governor’s building were damaged.
A gagging order has been imposed on the reporting of the explosion.
Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmuş condemned the attack on Twitter, vowing that Turkey would “not surrender to terrorism.”
EU Minister Ömer Çelik also vowed Ankara’s commitment to “fight terrorism to the end in the name of humanity.”
Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu has reportedly briefed Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım about the attack.
Meanwhile, the U.S. Embassy also condemned the attack.
“We strongly condemn outrageous terrorist attack in Adana. We mourn those lost, wish wounded speedy recovery, & stand w/Turkey against terror,” the embassy tweeted.