Fire Breaks Out in Student Dormitory

Fire in Students Dorm - Guzelyurt

A fire broke out in the basement of the Refika Teacher Student Dormitory Güzelyurt at around 2pm, Kibris Postasi reports.

The basement room was being used for storage. Firefighters put out the fire, but they are unsure as to what caused it.  Some items in the room were damaged.

After the fire, Turkey’s Ambassador to Nicosia, Metin Feyzioğlu, paid a visit to the dormitory.

He said, “We heard about the fire in our dormitory today. Luckily, no one got hurt. I came to see if our students and dorm staff need anything“.

He mentioned that the staff acted fast because they had practised fire drills before.

The students got out calmly and quickly. The firefighters came soon after. Our local authorities and dorm staff are working hard. Our students are okay“, he said.

 “To families far away, don’t worry. Being prepared and practising for emergencies helps a great deal. Best wishes to everyone affected. Thanks to the firefighters and others helping out“.

Kibris Postasi

Other Stories

Ads Blocker Image Powered by Code Help Pro

Ad Blocker Detected

We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by whitelisting our website in your ad blocker.

Powered By
100% Free SEO Tools - Tool Kits PRO