Former Turkish Cypriot President Mehmet Ali Talat has announced that he will be a candidate for the leadership of the Republican Turkish Party (CTP) at the party’s congress which will be held on 4th June.
Following his announcement, Talat issued a 25-point manifesto as regards the future of CTP and his role. Some of the main points of his manifesto are:
The CTP will be the pioneer for change in the country
- Support will be given to federation efforts
- Securing public participation in the process
- Establish a timetable for civilianisation of the police force
- Continue sensitive friendly-brotherly relations with Turkey
- Opposed to privatising the administration of Turkey’s water supply to the TRNC